Trailer Training in Nottingham
Welcome to Nottinghamshire Driving School where our goal is to ensure we give you the correct training and tuition to pass your test at the first attempt.
B+E Trailer training is a difficult test to pass as there are 4 elements involved all of which can be a fail or pass. To give you the best chance of passing your trailer training you will drive one of our brand new Mitsubishi Warriors with a brand new twin wheel base trailer. All our vehicles are fitted with reverse cameras to make coupling simple.
Please make sure you read the information below so you know how much trailer towing training you require or just give us a call on 0115 987 5507. Please take advantage of our 1 hour FREE consultation where you can discuss any of our services with an experienced instructor.
Trailer Training in the East Midlands.
We offer the best B+E trailer towing courses in the East Midlands. We have our own private off road driver training centre, where you can conduct all types of manoeuvres in a relaxed, safe and controlled environment.
Our experienced B+E instructors, teach trailer towing at our fully facilitated premises on the Colwick Industrial estate in Nottingham.
We have experience in teaching individuals who need to tow caravans, horseboxes and all types of trailers.
We can cater for companies who need block bookings at one time. We offer confidence training for those who have grandfather rights but are not confident taking a trailer on the road. We have manual or automatic vehicles available.
Just call us today 0115 987 5507 for a free 1 hour consultation.
Trailer Towing Training with NDS.
Our course supervisor is ex-armed forces and has experience in training, driving and towing in all types of vehicles, including armored Land Rovers, fire engines and high powered vehicles under blue light conditions. There are no secrets or hidden extras. Everything you see or read about Nottinghamshire Driving School is accurate. We believe that if customers are going to spend their hard earned money then they should know exactly what they are getting and how much it is going to cost.
Trailer Training Information.
Please read the recommended information below before you decide on your training.
Don’t forget we offer a 1 hour FREE consultation service where you can talk with an experienced instructor and have a look around our vehicles while you are here.
The (EDC) Experienced Driver Course covers a full morning’s training followed by a late afternoon test. We would only recommend this for someone who has a lot of experience in towing, uncoupling and reversing with a loaded trailer.
We would only recommend this for someone who has some experience in towing or reversing with a trailer. By the end of this session you should be ready to book and sit your test.
2 day (2×6 hour) training session £730.00 – We would recommend this for someone who has very small amount experience in towing or reversing, coupling and uncoupling a trailer. By the end of this session you should be ready to book and sit your test.
3 days training session £975 – This course is tailored to a complete novice in the art of towing or reversing, coupling and uncoupling a trailer / caravan . By the end of this training session you should be ready to book and sit your test at our DVSA Customer Approved Testing Center.
Hire of vehicle and instructor for test £130.00 – On the day of your test you will meet your instructor an hour before your test. Complete a reverse manoeuvre, take a test drive, practice coupling and uncoupling and go through the “show me tell me questions”. Take your test at our DVSA Customer Approved Testing Center.
Test fees – weekdays £115.00 Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays £141.00.
B+E ENTITLEMENT RULES FROM JANUARY 2013:
So who can tow a trailer and who can’t and why?
From January 19th 2013 there are new rules for towing trailers with a car or small vehicle (cat B). Essentially from this date when you pass the B+E test the trailer you tow cannot be heavier than 3500kg, this refers to the plated weight (MAM) of the trailer, regardless of the Actual Laden Weight (ALW)when being towed.
Therefore if the trailer you tow has a Maximum Authorised Mass (plated weight) over 3500kg you will legally require category C1+E (7.5t plus trailer) to tow this trailer with a cat B vehicle. Caravan Towing Lessons, horsebox towing lessons
For the vast majority of B+E drivers this will not be an issue as there are no cat B vehicles we are aware of that are legal to tow over 3500kg, and the trailer, caravan or horsebox that most people use will not be plated at more than 3500kg. Where the trailer being used is plated at more than 3500kg e.g a cattle trailer, then if it is only being used behind a cat B vehicle then consideration would need to be made for it to be down-rated and a new weight plate fitted for anyone passing their B+E test after 19th January 2013.
Anyone passing the B+E test before this date will be able to tow on the current rules e.g within the manufacturer’s stated towing limits for that vehicle, there is no consideration regarding the plated weight (MAM) of the trailer provided the Actual Laden Weight (ALW) does not exceed the towing capabilities of the vehicle.
B+E DRIVING TEST INFORMATION:
• Eye test – reading a number plate at 10 meters as per the cat B driving test.
• You will have to answer 5 questions at the beginning of your test. For each incorrect answer there will be a driver fault recorded. Should you answer 5 incorrect answers then a serious fault will be recorded. NDS will give you a list of questions in a hand-out, for your revision at home. Our professional instructors will also be testing you on your knowledge and will be available for any questions prior to you taking your test.
• You must be able to demonstrate that you understand the principles of reversing manoeuvres and you can complete them safely and successfully. You will also complete a Stop on site manoeuvre.
• You must be able to couple and uncouple the trailer you are towing and demonstrate all the safety checks associated with trailer towing.
• Because you are towing a trailer you will have to demonstrate advanced planning skills and vehicle control.
• The main part of your test will be conducted on the road (approximately 50 mins) so it is important we ensure your driving is of a high standard. It is all too easy to have picked up some bad habits due to the length of time you have passed your test and we are here to ensure you get back on track.
• The test will be conducted at Watnall Road Nottinghamshire (NDS are currently being appraised for a DVSA Testing Centre and we are hopeful of this happening by July 2016). We would highly recommend a 1 hour training session immediately prior to taking the test.
Our training centre has safe private off road parking facilities and we offer free refreshments.
There is hot and cold food for purchase.
Book Trailer Towing Training in Nottingham.
To find out more about booking trailer training in Nottingham, get in touch. At NDS we provide a range of training courses in Nottingham, Derby, Leicester, South Yorkshire and Lincoln.