LGV/HGV Training Cat C & C+E
Welcome to Nottinghamshire Driving School, where we can help you through every stage of becoming a lorry driver and gaining the passes required to set you on your way.
Becoming a HGV/LGV driver in Category C and C+E appears at first a very daunting task. Book your training with NDS and let us take all the hassle out of getting you through your tests whether that be theory or driving.
HGV Training and Cat C Training in Nottingham
We offer some great packages or you can book individual services. When you come to Nottinghamshire Driving School you will have arrived at a school of excellence. From the minute you call or visit us until you pass your test our customer service and communication will be warm friendly and efficient.
Your theory tuition will be given by experienced, knowledgeable professionals and your practical training will be carried out in immaculate clean and tidy vehicles with instructors who have been in the haulage and training industry for many years. Our instructors will tailor your training and individual needs to give you the best possible chance of passing your test. We also provide accommodation upon request for all our services.
More importantly the LGV and HGV training you get here will not just get you through a test but you will take the skills we give you out into the industry and you will be able to use them and drive safely for the rest of your life time. If you are being offered a Fast Track service, be aware there is no such service. Test availability is the same for everyone.
How Does Cat C Training Work?
We will try to make it easy for you to understand by explaining the process from start to finish and a rough guide timeline for all 4 modules. We have manual or automatic vehicles available.
Stages – Recommended order for new applications.
1. Doctors medical which you can book with your own Doctor or book with us. (Next day with NDS).
2. Apply for your Provisional HGV licence (2-3 weeks).
3. Module 1 – (2 weeks).
● Theory test done at a DVLA centre consisting of 100 multiple choice questions & 19 hazard perception clips.
● The pass mark for multiple choice test is 85 and 50 for hazard perception (These tests can be taken together or separately, with a total duration of 2.5 hours).
● You must have passed both tests before you can take Module 3, the on road practical element of the driving test.
4. Module 3 – (1 week).
● HGV/LGV practical driver training which involves show me tell me questions, off road reversing manoeuvres, coupling and uncoupling(C+E) on road driving safely.
● Practical driving test at DVLA centre.
5. Module 2 – (2 weeks).
● Case Studies (computer base test).
● To obtain your Driver CPC, you will also need to pass module 2. This module uses case studies, each of them based on real-life scenarios that you could encounter in your working life as an HGV/LGV driver.
This module will test your knowledge and how you put theory into practice. There will be 7 case studies, each made up with 6-8 questions pass mark 40 out of 50. You are allowed 90 minutes to answer the questions.
6. Module 4 – (1 week). Final stage to gaining your CPC qualification) Module 2 must be completed before doing module 4.
● The test is a 30 minute about the knowledge of loading vehicles safely, security of contents, trafficking and illegal immigrants, prevention of criminal and illegal activity and vehicle checks etc…
We offer a 1 hour FREE consultation to discuss all our services – Call us today on 0115 987 5507.
LGV/HGV Training At NDS
Our promise to you is this…
● We will provide you with professional experienced and friendly instructors.
● We will provide you with excellent theory assistance.
● We will provide you with excellent vehicles and trailers that are washed and cleaned out everytime they get used. (All our vehicles are maintained by our own mechanics on regular basis).
● We will never be late for your training or tests (unless it is out of our control).
● We will be available 24/7 for any questions you may wish to ask.
Book HGV Training in Nottingham
Before you start on your HGV Training you may wish to take advantage of our 1 hour FREE consultation service where you get to meet and discuss with an experienced instructor what is involved in all aspects of HGV/LGV training and Cat C Training.
For more information on HGV training or to find out more about booking with NDS, get in touch.
Our training centre has safe private off road parking facilities and we offer free refreshments.
There is hot and cold food for purchase.